Back by popular demand, we've officially released our updated 2018 RIA technology landscape infographic. In addition to the 100 featured technology vendors serving registered investment adviser ("RIA") firms, the infographic includes key findings from the 2017 RIA in a Box investment adviser technology and operations survey of over 1,000 firms.
Key findings from the survey highlighted in the infographic include:
- 46% of RIA firms utilize a customer relationship management ("CRM") system
- 41% of RIA firms utilize a portfolio management / reporting system
- 42% of RIA firms utilize financial planning software
- The average advisory fee charged is 0.95%
In addition to the survey results, this year’s infographic highlights software providers catering to the investment adviser industry in the following categories:
- Financial Planning
- Automated Portfolio Management
- Portfolio Risk
- Portfolio Management / Reporting
- Customer Relationship Management ("CRM")
- Marketing / Lead Generation
- Data Aggregators
- Document Management / Storage
In 2015, our inaugural infographic featured 75 technology vendors across 9 categories serving the RIA industry. As the technology landscape for RIAs has evolved, so has our annual infographic. This year, the number of total vendors rounded out at 100 across 10 categories. We hope that this infographic serves as a valuable starting point for RIA firms looking to evaluate technology options.
As RIA compliance consultants, we are happy to further discuss how to transform your firm's CRM and other technology systems into effective investment adviser compliance tools. In our experiences, investment advisory firms that successfully implement multiple technology systems tend to not only be faster-growing but also much more efficient and organized as it relates to regulatory compliance requirements.