The 3rd annual Fuse event organized by Orion Advisor Services just concluded in Park City, Utah. The event featured over 25 technology firms that serve the registered investment adviser (RIA) industry coming together to develop and a demo a number of new advisor technology tools ranging from risk measurement to new client onboarding to compliance. We are incredibly honored and humbled to announce that our new integration with Orion which allows for automated employee trade submission and review won this year's Best in Show Award.
Our new MyRIACompliance® integration with Orion allows for Automated Employee Trade Monitoring
At this year's event, we focused our technology development efforts on enhancing our current compliance tool integration with Orion to include new tools to allow RIA firms to more efficiently and effective comply with SEC Rule 275.204A-1(3) that requires advisory firms to "establish, maintain, and enforce a written Code of Ethics." Our new enhanced integration with Orion will provide the following benefits to RIA firms related to the tracking of employee securities trading and holdings:
- No longer need to retrieve physical account statements or manually enter data
- Streamlined digital reporting and record-keeping in a centralized compliance system
- Automated trade review as an efficiency and risk management tool
The new integration will allow firms to perform the following functions:
- Ensure that employee trades that require prior approval are properly submitted
- Help identify employee trades in restricted or prohibited securities
- Help identify potential front-running and other employee trade-related compliance issues
A special thanks to Orion Advisor Services to once again hosting a terrific event. The quality of new tools and integrations developed at this year's Fuse event was quite impressive.
Fuse 2016 Video Recaps to Check Out
From Bill Winterberg's FPPad:
Official Release of new MyRIACompliance® and Orion Employee Trade Monitoring Integration
While the official release date of this enhanced integration has yet to be determined, we will look to have these new robust features available to shared Orion and RIA in a Box clients in the coming months. If you'd like to learn more or see a demo, please contact us.
Also, be sure to check out the full list of Fuse 2016 award winners.