Transitioning From an ERA to an RIA Firm

Download the complementary infographic now

There are two exemptions that advisers can use to claim exempt reporting adviser ("ERA") status. These include: the Private Fund Adviser Exemption; and the Venture Capital Fund Adviser Exemption. If either exemption becomes inapplicable, the adviser is no longer eligible for the private fund adviser exemption and needs to register as a registered investment advisor ("RIA") firm with the appropriate regulator.  

To help ERA's better understand the transition process, we've outlined the conditions which would require an ERA to register as an RIA, and the steps to take to register with either the state or federal regulators. 

Contact us if you any questions about our private fund adviser compliance software.

Download Now

Note: RIA in a Box LLC is not a law firm, investment advisory firm, or a CPA firm. RIA in a Box LLC does not provide legal advice or opinions to any party or client. You should always consult your relevant regulatory authorities as this information should not be relied upon as currently accurate. This information is provided for educational purposes only and is not an exhaustive list of regulatory requirements.