Go digital to streamline the transactions, holdings, and accounts attestations process.
RIA in a Box developed a cloud-based solution to simplify the submission and approval process for personal securities holdings and transactions. With the ability to establish an electronic data feed to over 15,000 financial institutions, the employee trade monitoring feature digitizes and automates the submission and tracking process for RIA firms of all sizes. The Chief Compliance Officer or designated person(s) gains access to detailed reporting tools and the ability to manage a restricted securities list.
• Reduce errors related to manual entry by automating the electronic capture of employee’s personal trades
• Easily filter and export employee trade data to excel, .csv, and PDF formats
• Robust supervision and administration capabilities
• Single online reporting system
• Automatic matching for employee trade requests and executed employee securities transactions
• Automatically identifying ‘front-running’ violations
• Post-trade reconciliation
• Private and public securities holdings reporting
• Customizable restricted securities lists
• Automated electronic access to over 15,000 financial institutions
• Simple to set-up and easy to use
The tracking of employee transactions and holdings is a key regulator focus area that if done manually is a time-consuming and high-risk task. The SEC’s Rule 204a-1 or the “Code of Ethics”, requires all persons of a registered investment advisor firm to submit securities holdings and transaction reports to the firm's Chief Compliance Officer or other designated person(s). Firms need to carefully manage their employees' transactions and holdings to mitigate risk and remain compliant.
Yes, the tool is designed to help a firm meet its Rule 204A-1 ("Code of Ethics Rule") requirements as it relates personal securities trading. The Code of Ethics rule requires all access persons of an RIA firm to submit securities holdings and transaction reports to the firm's Chief Compliance Officer ("CCO") or other designated person(s). The system automatically creates holdings and transactions reports which are then reviewed and attested to by the firm's access persons prior to submission.
The Employee Trade Monitoring solution was created for both state and SEC registered RIA firms.
MyRIACompliance users will benefit from the integration capabilities, which enable CCO’s to oversee their employees progress as they submit and attest to their reports. CCO’s can also remind their employees to complete attestations through MyRIACompliance.
With an intuitive and user-friendly interface, this solution is designed for both the tech-savvy and those used to paper driven processes.
• Proactively identify and resolve potential trading violations by automatically flagging potential employee front running securities transactions
• Automate the personal trading pre-clearance process with customizable trade limits and restricted lists
• Minimize regulatory risk with the seamless MyRIACompliance integration capabilities that automatically logs all employee trade monitoring activities
• Eliminate time-consuming and tedious tasks such as requesting documents, paper attestations, and archiving paper brokerage statements
• Simple interface, user-friendly
• Innovative technology backed by compliance expertise
Yes, the restricted securities list is fully customizable for firms that implement a trade pre-clearance program. When implemented, each access person submits a trade request which is then automatically approved or held for approval based on the firm's settings. In addition, any security purchased or sold by an access person that is listed on the firm's restricted security list is flagged by the system for further review. All historical restricted securities are archived.